Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sugar High

 I have pretty much avoided processed sugar since the start of the year, I think I had an actual sugar high tonight. To cap off my week of emotional binge eating, I went to this new-ish Cajun-style/New Orleans-themed restaurant for dinner. The food was excellent, but we had beignets for dessert. HOLYFREAKINGCRAP! I never realized how good those suckers could be; my only experience was at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans as a teenager...and I basically remember cold greasy pieces of dough (washed down with bitter coffee. But the beignets we had tonight we hot from the fryer and covered in powdered sugar; I truly had a totally wired, eye popping out of my head, sugar rush. Tomorrow I will be back on my healthy eating plan...hopefully.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment