Sunday, May 8, 2011

For My Mom...

It's hard to find the words to talk about how ridiculously awesome my mom is, both a person and as a mom.
My Parents Engagement Photo, Circa 1980
She was my Girl Scout leader, multiplication tables teacher, and Halloween costume sewer.
She's my shopping partner, fellow book lover, shoe aficionado, and coffee connoisseur.
My mom has mended ripped hems, skinned knees, and broken hearts.
She told me I had to go back to school when I was on the edge of giving up.

Little Me, Mom, and YoungerBrother; Circa 1991
She taught me about our family tree and (along with my super-awesome Dad) taught me about the world.
She drove me to music lessons, sports practice, youth group, and a gazillion other activites all after a long day of work. I took that for granted then...I find it amazing now. 
She made sure I knew how took cook at least one breakfast, lunch, and dinner before I left for college; she also taught me to cook over a campfire, a propane stove, and an overturned coffee can.
My taught me to be stronger, smart, independent, and compassionate.

Mom, YoungerBrother, Me, Dad, BFFMandy; Alaska 2009
This is just a (super) small assortment of the things my mom has done for me over the years. Some of them are huge and some are small, but all of them made me who I am today. My mother is a wonderful person and I am glad that I will have her as a guidebook if I am  someday blessed to be a parent.   Thank you Mom for all you've done and all you continue to do. I love you so much.
Happy Mother's Day.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment