Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tax Man Max

I went to visit my parents this afternoon and I did my taxes today, well actually my Dad did them for me (thanks, Dad!). It was fairly quick and uneventful, but I was googling around tonight looking for a blog title so I could tell you about doing my taxes and I ran across this old Schoolhouse Rock video. It isn't one I remember from when I was a kid, like Conjunction Junction, The Preamble, or Figure Eight, but it's cure and it definitely gets the point about taxes across in a kid-friendly way.

After watching the video, I couldn't help but thinking to myself how complicated our tax system has become in the last few years. Now this isn't a political commentary (I will rarely talk about my politics here), it's just an observation on how are tax system has changed since this was produced; likely sometime between the mid-eighties and early nineties. I'm not entirely sure that there's an overall point in this anywhere, I just thought I'd share.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment