Sunday, January 2, 2011

BFFMandy's Chocolate Chip Cookie

So you know how like 80 years ago I promised ya'll Christmas cookies? I'm fiiinally posting my first Christmas cookie recipe...after New Years...whatever.So this year for Christmas everyone got their favorite kind of cookie; up first is my CousinMichael whose favorite kind of cookies (for like forever) are chocolate chip. For as long as I can remember we've made chocolate chip cookies from the recipe in the Toll House Cookbook; the cookies are a classic and they come out crisp with morsels of chocolate. This year though (mostly cause I was home after surgery) I attempted and conquered BFFMandy's Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are soft, chocolate-y, pillows of awesome-ness. This recipe makes like a zillion cookies (I stopped counting after 11 dozen) and my family gobbled them up. One of my most favorite things is that you can mix and match your chips. I used a blend of milk and dark chocolate, but BFFMandy usually uses a mix of chocolate and peanut butter chips. So seriously if you're jonesing for a chocolate chip cookies, make these ones.

BFFMandy's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used two 12oz bags, I could have used two and a half).

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment