Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pie Night, Part 2

Here's the first of today's two promised posts. So Pie Night was last night, it's our annual Turkey Day Eve celebration and the official kick off of our family's holiday season. I don't think this is new information though; since I've been talking about pie night since about November 1st. This year's party was a blast and I'm going to go ahead and call it a success. I don't have pictures because I'm lame and I left my camera in Tampa, but I'm going to do my best to tell ya'll about the party anyway.
The party is at my parent's house and this was the first year in the new house. I left from Tampa straight from work and got to Winter Garden at about six. The party always starts at about 7pm, so I got de-worked and was able to help finish setting up. The guest list is mostly people that work with my Dad, a smattering of family, and a collection of assorted friends. The first few guests arrived right around 7 and we went from zero to a zillion people in about 10 minutes flat. The highlights for me were Mom's Sangria, a fruity concoction that's equal parts tart and sweet, also a killer Chorizo and Goat Cheese Quiche with Jalapeno Pesto, in regards to sweet pies someone brought a great Blueberry Pie and there was also several variations of Peanut Butter/Chocolate Pie. We also had two great cranberry pies, a Cranberry Raspberry Mousse Pie and a tart two double crust Cranberry Walnut. It was a great night, with good food and great friends.


Look for a special Thanksgiving edition of Things I Love Thursday later today.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment