Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tales of a Grocery Store Chicken: Pesto Chicken Salad

I love being in the kitchen. I love trying out new things and testing new recipes. but sometimes after a long day at work I don't want to spend 45 minutes prepping ingredients or an hour cooking. I just want something healthy (and hopefully points-plus friendly) on the table fast. So I'd like you to meet my long day dinner BFF. The grocery store chicken. Now I know I could roast a chicken myself, but that takes more pre-planning skill than I generally have. This sucker is four meals easy or more depending how you fix him up. So don't judge and try this quick yummy chicken salad.

Pesto Chicken Salad
Serves: 4
8oz Chicken Breast, removed from bones and chopped
2 Tbsp Pesto Sauce, use your favorite jarred or homemade
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup


8oz chicken breast
2 Tbsp pesto sauce, use your favorite jarred or homemade
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
4oz non-fat Greek yogurt
Sal and pepper, to taste

1. Remove chicken breast meat from whole chicken. Chop or shred; reserve thighs and wings for another use.
2. Combine chicken, pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, yogurt, salt, and pepper.
3. Serve on the bread of your choice or on a bed of lettuce. 

Points+:  6 (for chicken salad only)
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment