Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy 15th Anniversary Food and Wine Festival!

So as previously mentioned, BFFMandy, BFFMandy's Mom, PZ, and I went to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. This was not my first time at Food and Wine, my family and I have gone since I was in college, but the is the 15th anniversary, so there are new kiosks and tons of options for fun. Now, let me state up front that I am lame and I forgot my camera. I didn't realize until I was almost to the theme park. So no pictures, but I'm going again this weekend so there will be pictures eventually.

Ok so I know that all the maps of Epcot start the World Showcase in Mexico, but I'm a rebel and I prefer to start in Canada. I'm not actually a rebel, I do this because the World Showcase usually opens around 11AM and if you start in Mexico you spend all afternoon with the sun in your eyes; if you start in Canada you're walking with the sun at your back (or side) in the afternoon. This doesn't have anything to do with my recap of The Food and Wine Festival except if you're looking at the festival guide I'm recapping in reverse.

First up:
Greece:
Greece is a perennial festival favorite. This year PZ and I had Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki, though I seriously considered the Spanikopita because it is to. die. for.  But back to the chicken. They were making it fresh as we ordered (we were just lucky), so the chicken was piping hot. The tzatziki was cool and garlicky and the pitas were warm and perfect for folding around the chicken or sipping up extra sauce. All in all an A.

Canada:
You know what I had in Canada. The Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. This soup is deliciousness in a bowl; it doesn't matter that I've had this soup at home at least a dozen times there is something about having it at Epcot. I'm actually fairly certain the published recipe isn't exactly the same as the restaurant recipe. The texture at the park is ridiculously smooth and creamy. I also had a glass of Chateau des Charmes Riesling, it was light and fruity it would;ve been a better match for the Maple-glazed Salmon, but what-evs. A+ 

Ireland:
Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie. Does that say enough? No? It was very good, the potatoes were creamy, peppery, and just the right amount of crispy on the top. The inside had a good amount of seafood in the relatively small dish, I got two scallops and several large pieces of lobster in a creamy tomatoey lobster bisque. Accompanied by a perfectly poured Guinness and eat in the shade next to the World Showcase lagoon, we couldn't stop talking about what great weather we lucked into. A

That's all for tonight. Up later this week, France, Australia, and South Korea.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment