Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: Recap 2

So I previously covered, Greece, Canada, and Ireland. Tonight: France, Australia, and South Africa. Let's just get right down to the food.

France:
Escargot! There a a bunch of other French words in the name of this dish, but it basically comes down to escargot with butter and parsley over brioche. If you're rolling your eyes at my excitement or internally cringing; STOP! I mean it do not write this off until you've tried it. The escargot come in little bread bowls and are topped with butter, garlic, and parsley. This is the dish that made me love escargot and I don't lie about good food so just try it. I also had the Cosmo Slush. It was pretty good; equally sweet and tart. A+

Australia:
I have previously always skipped Australia, but this year we stopped by and had Seared Barramundi with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula, and Lemon Oil.  The fish was good firm, but not dry, and lemony. The fish was extremely good, but the salad was odd. I expected the salad to be warm, what with the whole blistered tomatoes thing, but it was cold. It was ok, just odd. B-.

South Africa:
South Africa had one of my favorite plates of food, despite the fact that I couldn't finish it. We had the Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Puree and Mango Barbecue Sauce. The beef and the sauce were well paired, but very spicy. The sauce was sweet to start but had a definite kick at the back end. The sweet potatoes were smooth, creamy, with just a hint of a spice I could identify ( I found out later it's ginger.) A-

Only three countries left in my first foray into this year's festival: South Korea, Poland, and Puerto Rico.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment