Saturday, October 23, 2010

S-S-S-Saturday night

My Mom, who is the person I call when I'm on the verge of kitchen disaster, makes the best red sauce on the face of the flipping planet (I don't have a recipe for it, I'm just waxing poetic tonight). Those of you who don't know me, or many other Italians, are probably like red what? I very rarely refer to tomato sauce as spaghetti sauce (although I do occasional just say tomato sauce). Red Sauce in my family is a traditional Italian tomato sauce. I call it red sauce because it's usage it not restricted to spaghetti it pretty much goes on everything; into lasagna, on meatball subs, over ravioli, into baked ziti, over chicken, sausage, or braciole, y'all are getting the picture. It's been a tough week around here and a little comfort food was on the menu. Mom made her superfab, most awesome, red sauce, and yes, we did have spaghetti.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment