Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer is Going Away...

The new fall TV season starts tonight, and while I'm however stoked for the return of HIMYM, this is not actually very big news in the course of my week. But it means the end of summer is right around the corner. I do live in Florida so we manage to hold on to summertime a little longer than the rest of the country, but eventually fall will roll in in full force. I am equal parts saddened and excited by this. I like summer; the lazy weekends, flip-flops, tanks tops, baseball and oh the summer food: corn, tomatoes, seafood, strawberries, margaritas, YUM-O. I'm sad to see all that go away for another year, but I'm also super stoked for small. I love fall, actually more than I love summer. I love the weather, football, Halloween, the colors, cozy sweaters, reading outside on a gorgeous day, and the food: butternut squash, cranberries, apples, pumpkin everything, cinnamon, root vegetable, homemade soups, So Excited! I know the true first day of fall isn't until later this week and the weather probably won't change here for another month, but fall is already on my mind.
Smiles. =).

No comments:

Post a Comment